Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Price Cut

I stood in the line at the bookstore while a customer tore a strip off the teller because of the cost of the book in Canadian, compared to the US list, given the current Canadian dollar value.

Like it was her fault, fuckhead.

That's what I wanted to say. But say no more. Butthead and many many others can rest easy, with the news that book prices in Canada are coming down.

And in an update to my original post, the 25-year-old virgin was a hoax.

The things people will do to get attention. I'm not sure if this makes him more pathetic or less pathetic, but I'm sure the ex that came forward to talk about their sex has made her folks very proud.

9 comments:

Steve Allan said...

Does this mean I'll have to jump over to New Brunswick to buy my books now? Good thing we aren't deploying troops to the Canadian border.

Anonymous said...

The virgin thing's a kick. You just can't trust anyone to honestly expose their inner-most turmoil anymore. What's the planet coming to?

Sandra Ruttan said...

Maybe Steve!

Yeah Kathie, I don't know - it's truly insane. Guy won't get a movie deal now, though, thankfully.

Anonymous said...

I loathe people who take down front line service people. It makes me want to spit in their hair.

Sandra Ruttan said...

I'm so with you, Eileen.

If it's any consolation, I made fun of him after he left.

Erik Ivan James said...

One of the worst jobs in the world is Cashier. I did that job once, for a week...just once.

Unknown said...

I greatly dislike people like that since I used to work as a cashier I can empathize. The pay sucks, the job sucks and people take their troubles out on you. I always go out of my way to be very nice to cashiers and say thank you. :)

Lisa Hunter said...

Ever since I moved here, I've been appalled by how expensive books and magazines are here. I stocked up on magazines on my trip to New York last week. Interestingly, in the U.S., magazines and newspapers aren't taxable, because somehow that interferes with the constitutional provision for freedom of speech. Here, not only is the sticker price higher, but the tax gets lopped on too. It's enough to make me read the web version instead of the dead tree version!

Lisa Hunter said...

It's not just on the web that people give know-nothing advice. It's books too!

When I was doing my book proposal, I read all the competing books. One of them must have been self-published. The information was totally, utterly wrong. And yet I've seen this "author" interviewed in good magazines, dispensing the worst possible advice.

Everyone can make mistakes in their research, but some people just don't seem to care, as long as you spell their name right.